Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well Worth the Wait

Valentine's Day came twice this year. Robert got one day and I got the other. Let me explain...

February 14th we awoke and rushed to a Stake Baptism; Robert had been asked to play the piano and I ended up leading the music. We got to share some of our talents, I guess, and I really enjoyed the blessing of seeing someone become a member of the church and receive the Holy Ghost. It's always a neat experience to see a baptism!
Then we decided since we were all dressed up we would go to the temple and do Sealings, being Valentine's Day and all, you know. That was a delightful experience on top of the baptism.

We dropped off some library books and checked out a couple more, being the book-worms we are, and picked up a birthday gift for a certain Valentine Baby that was turning 1.

We went to Priya's birthday party upstairs and got a kick out of the kids that had been invited. They were so funny! Priya chewed on the handles of the pom-poms we got her and baby David Quinones showed us some of his dance moves. :)

Then we took a nice long nap, ate dinner, and I gave Robert a pocket knife holder and some chocolates, and a card (a 'lovely' card, Robert says). He liked them. But, sadly, I found out that Robert's plans fell through. However, it meant we would get to have another Valentines Date....sometime.

Turns out, Robert snuck in his Valentines Date plans this Saturday, Feb. 21st. It was a wonderful, amazing day. I cut Robert's hair in the morning before he left for a meeting. He came back an hour late, but with 12 Red Roses in his hand! They were beautiful! And they didn't make me sneeze, or cry (well...a little, but not because I was allergic)!


Then we ate lunch and went to the BYU campus to look at an art exhibit by a former member of our ward. Sadly, the exhibit was closed so we'll have to go back. We snuck into the Bookstore and we visited our friend Jonathan in his Grad School lab since we were on campus. Then we ran a couple of other errands and went home.

Robert hurried to the back room and brought out a card and a gift. "Happy Feet" the movie. I've been wanting to see it. Little did I know that the movie could have been a clue to what was coming next. Robert went to the back room again and came out with our 'activity.' I guess this was the plan that had fallen through last Saturday because of long lines and other dilemmas. Robert bought a Ball Room Dancing Class DVD kit! I've been wanting to learn how to dance and I was too shy/scared to take a class while I was at BYU, which was rather dumb of me, I think.

We put in the DVD, cleared a 'dance floor' in our living room, and learned how to Cha Cha, or should I say 'Cha Cha Cha'? The instructor in the video was actually quite funny; we were surprised. It was a type of funny that I couldn't do justice in explaining, however.


We were Cha Cha-ing away when the doorbell rang. It was Jonathan....he was playing delivery-boy for Robert and brought our dinner from Cafe Rio (one of my favorites). Little did I know that when we went to "visit" Jonathan in his lab that Robert was slipping him cash. He's so sneaky. :) Robert lit a candle and we ate dinner. So 'Romantical!' We danced once more 'Cha Cha' before my feet we very un-happy with me, then we watched Happy Feet. It was cute.

It was so much more than I ever expected, (I'm happy and content with a card) not that I don't expect wonderful things from Robert, he's always doing wonderful things. Robert swept me off my feet, again. It was basically the "Best Date Ever," next to our first date, and....... well worth a wait.

I love you, Robert. You're the best thing that ever happened to me, and, well....."you're my favorite."

5 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

Knock it off, Robert. You make the rest of us look like slugs!
~Dad

Unknown said...

Don't let Doug kid you--he brought home an awesome bouquet of red and pink roses, too, on Valentine's Day. Robert just comes by it naturally! He also gave me a romantic card that said "Juan & Maria weesh ju a very happy Balentine's Day." And he didn't even make that one up--it was in the Printmaster pre-made selection. Funny!

"The Landlord" said...

That's so cute, Bobert!! Way to go, bro! Now maybe you could teach your big brother a thing or two ;) haha

and mom, I LOVE that card! who else could give that card than your husband!

Que Sera said...

Lucky. I'm glad that Robert is your favorite. I tell Ryan that he's my favorite too, and that we can still be friends. :)

Aud Pod said...

Great story! We are going to see play this weekend - my valentines day gift to Reid. Can't beat Robert, though!