Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The 'Graddest' Day Ever

It's finally here. The day we've been waiting almost two years for. (No, we're not having a baby. Sorry. We wish!) It's the first day of Grad school at Utah State University! I couldn't resist taking a picture.....ok maybe two....or four. :)

Isn't he cute? I was tempted to put a box of crayons and some glue in his backpack...but I resisted...

Robert started his orientation classes this week for his 'Graduate Instructorship.' He'll be the old 'freshy' teaching the younger 'freshies' how to write this semester. If he teaches them how 'to write good,' he'll get to teach some more next semester. (Are there enough unnecessary quotes in this entry to get onto the 'Blog of Unnecessary Quotes', Robert?).


I got to see Robert off on his first day of class and then drive back to Provo to work for one more week before I finally get to live in our apartment in Logan for good. I think I'll have had enough of camping for the summer after living out of a suitcase for three weeks....

We're excited....and a little scared.....but mostly excited. We'll really miss all of our family and friends in our beloved Provo. When we drove to Logan this last weekend, we went past Casa Dea, 'That House', Brookview, (You know, all the places we lived while attending BYU) on our way to the freeway. It brought back a lot of sweet memories. I hope we can make sweet memories like those in Logan. I don't think I'll ever love Logan as much as I love Provo, though...I think that town will have my heart forever.

5 comments:

D and S Heaton said...

You will be an awesome teacher. Those young minds don't know what to think. Yet. But they will, because you are there to guide them.
Dad

Suegramma said...

Aw, come on, why didn't you go with the crayons and pin his lunch money to his shirt to boot????

But I'm so proud of you both and know things will work out, too. Go Aggies!

Aud Pod said...

That's great! We hope everything goes well for you. You are two fabulous folks :)

Que Sera said...

That's so exciting! Sometimes it's nice to have a big change in your life. It sounds like Logan's the best place for you to be, and I am sure you will both be happy and do well!

"The Landlord" said...

So, how are things going?! We're so excited for you guys!